BRIDGETON TOWNSHIP SUPERVISORS
Minutes of October 11, 2023 Regular Monthly Meeting
The regular meeting of the Bridgeton Township Board of Supervisors was held on October 11, 2023 as advertised, at the
Township Building, 1370 Bridgeton Hill Road, Upper Black Eddy, Pennsylvania. This meeting was also held remotely via
Zoom. Present were Supervisor Gard Holby, Supervisor Roger Keller and Supervisor Michael Lynch. Also present were
Secretary/Treasurer Sheryl Patterson and CC Hopf (virtual). Solicitor David Shafkowitz was absent.
Supervisor Holby called the meeting to order at 7:08 PM. No executive session was held prior to the meeting.
PUBLIC COMMENTS ON AGENDA:
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
Upon motion by Supervisor Keller and seconded by Supervisor Lynch which carried 2-0, the minutes from the September
13, 2023 regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors were approved.
BILLS/PAYROLL: Upon motion by Supervisor Keller and seconded by Supervisor Lynch, which carried 3-0, the bills and
payroll in the amount of $ 22,510.62 from October were approved
TREASURER’S REPORT: Upon motion by Supervisor Lynch and seconded by Supervisor Keller, which carried
3-0, the Treasurer’s Report from September 2023 was approved.
1. Fire Company – upon motion by Supervisor Lynch and seconded by Supervisor Keller, which carried 3-0, the release of
the 2023 foreign fire funds in the amount of $ 11,274.25 was approved.
2. Open Space – news on canal & Wilderness Park- there were three trees blocking access that have been cleaned up; the
trail work has been postponed until spring since the AMC is currently completing another trail. Volunteers will be needed.
3. Solicitor – No report.
4. Planning Commission – CC Hopf reported that the Planning Commission met on September 26th: a) July/August
minutes were approved; b) public comments on the Short-Term Rentals draft ordinance were heard; c) the draft of the
ordinance on number of chickens was not supported by the Planning Commission as it is written – due to existing zoning
that already regulates the number of chickens based on acreage. d) no time to work on the Comprehensive Plan – the
Planning Commission is holding a workshop on November 28th to finish up the Comprehensive Plan; e) the historic survey
was received. Next meeting to be held on October 24th where there will be continuing discussion of the Short-Term Rentals
5. Secretary/Treasurer – upon motion by Supervisor Lynch and seconded by Supervisor Keller, which carried 3-0, the
proposal to advertise the special budget meeting to be held on November 1st was approved.
6. B/N/T Groundwater Committee – Nockamixon Township passed an ordinance.
7. Roadmaster – the 2023-2024 salt bid award letter was sent to Silva Concrete Products.
8. Zoning Officer – submitted a written report to the Board of Supervisors.
9. Emergency Management – no report.
10. Traffic Committee – moving ahead and looking into sharing resource agreements; traffic sign upgrade is being
considered. Supervisor Keller suggested that the traffic committee look at projects in stages.
PERSONS TO BE HEARD:
1) Terry Kuntz – recommended that American Chestnut trees be planted in Memorial Park to replace tree that was
removed; best to plant in the spring.
2) Gabrielle Curione Wallace and Carlos Carretero commented about the changes in the Short-Term Rental draft
ordinance. The Board of Supervisors noted again that the proper place for this discussion is at the Planning Commission
meeting. Supervisor Holby offered to meet with concerned citizens and discuss further. He encouraged review of the Draft
Ordinance by identifying specifically areas of concern or support, then submitting the proposed modifications to the
Planning Commission via email.
Upon a motion by Supervisor Lynch and seconded by Supervisor Keller, which carried 3-0, the meeting was adjourned at
Sheryl L. Patterson
BRIDGETON TOWNSHIP SUPERVISORS