The regular meeting of the Bridgeton Township Board of Supervisors was held on December 11, 2014 at the Township Building, 1370 Bridgeton Hill Road, Upper Black Eddy, Pennsylvania. Present were Supervisors Michael Lynch and Roger Keller. Supervisor Gard Holby was absent. Also present was Secretary/Treasurer Tammy Macaluso, and Township Solicitor David Shafkowitz.
Supervisor Keller called the meeting to order at 7:25 p.m. Supervisor Keller called for public comment on the meeting agenda. No public comment was received.
PERSONS TO BE HEARD: None
MINUTES: Upon motion by Supervisor Lynch and seconded by Supervisor Keller, which carried 2-0, the minutes from the November 13, 2014 regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors were approved.
BILLS/PAYROLL: Upon motion by Supervisor Lynch, seconded by Supervisor Keller, which carried 2-0, the bills and payroll in the amount of $20,792.35 from November 2014 were approved.
TREASURER’S REPORT: Upon motion by Supervisor Lynch, seconded by Supervisor Keller, which carried 2-0, the Treasurer’s report from November 2014 was approved.
- Fire Company – None
- Open Space – None.
- Solicitor –
- Solicitor Shafkowitz presented Resolution No. 2014-7 Establishing the Annual Millage Rate on Real Property within Bridgeton Township and providing for the Adoption of the Proposed Budget for Fiscal Year 2015. Upon motion by Supervisor Keller, seconded by Supervisor Lynch, which carried 2-0, the Board adopted Resolution No. 2014-7, Establishing the Annual Millage Rate on Real Property within Bridgeton Township and Providing for the Adoption of the Proposed Budget for Fiscal Year. No tax increase was proposed for fiscal year 2015.
- Solicitor Shafkowitz reported to the Board that the Township has received approval from the PADCED to adopt the stand alone Ordinance of Bridgeton Township Requiring All Persons, Partnerships, Businesses, and Corporations to Obtain a Floodplain Permit for Any Construction or Development; Providing for The Issuance of Such Floodplain Permits; Setting Forth Certain Minimum Requirements for New Construction and Development Within Areas of Bridgeton Township Which are Subject to Flooding; and Establishing Penalties for Any Persons who Fail, or Refuses to Comply With, the Requirements of This Ordinance.
- The Solicitor also reported to the Board that the Township has received a recommendation from the Bridgeton Township Planning Commission to consider the adoption of the corresponding Subdivison, Land Development and Zoning Ordinance Amendments. The Solicitor, therefore, requested the Board’s authorization to advertise the three ordinances for adoption at the February 12, 2015 regular Board of Supervisor’s meeting. Upon motion by Supervisor Keller, seconded by Supervisor Lynch, which carried 2-0, the Board authorized the advertisement of the Floodplain Ordinance and corresponding Subdivision, Land Development and Zoning Amendments.
- Planning Commission – Supervisor Keller reported that the Planning Commission recommended that the Board adopt the required Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance Amendments and the Zoning Ordinance Amendments , which correspond with the proposed revisions to the Township’s Floodplain Management Ordinance.
- Secretary/Treasurer – Secretary/Treasurer Macaluso reported to the Board that the Township has an existing contract with Line Systems, Inc, which provides phone/internet service, until July 2015. Secretary/Treasurer Macaluso has provided information to Verizon to begin working on a quote for the Township in preparation for the upcoming end of the Line Systems contract.
Secretary/Treasurer Macaluso provided the Board with the details of the proposed annual support contract of $3,500.00 from Dallas Data Systems, Inc, the 3rd party company responsible for the installation of the Government Accounting Software that will be purchased. Supervisor Lynch stated that the software could be purchased without the support contract.
- B/N/T Groundwater Committee – None
- Roadmaster – None
- Zoning – Zoning Officer’s Report provided and reviewed by the Board. A copy of the report is on file with the Township.
- Signage for Township Building – Phil Brandeau, Township resident, presented to the Board a a potential configuration for the “Bridgeton Township Municipal Building” sign proposed for the building. The Board would like Mr. Brandeau to investigate the use of a natural product for the base and report back to the Board by next meeting, if possible.
- Outdoor Message Center – The Township received a quote for the outdoor message center in the amount of $698.97. Upon motion by Supervisor Keller, seconded by Supervisor Lynch, which carried 2-0, the Board approved the quote of $698.97 and the purchase of the outdoor message center.
- Road Maintenance Agreement with Nockamixon Township – Solicitor Shafkowitz will contact Nockamixon Township Administration to discuss the proposed shared road maintenance agreement.
- Motion to Approve 2015 Budget – Upon motion by Supervisor Keller, seconded by Supervisor Lynch, which carried 2-0, the Board approved the 2015 Bridgeton Township Budget.
- Motion to Advertise Re-Organization Meetings – Upon motion by Supervisor Lynch, seconded by Supervisor Keller, which carried 2-0, the Board approved advertisement for the Bridgeton Township Supervisors reorganization meeting, which will be followed by their regular monthly meeting, on January 5, 2015, at 7:00 p.m. at the Township Building, 1370 Bridgeton Hill Road, Upper Black Eddy, PA.
The Bridgeton Township Auditors will hold their organization meeting on January 6, 2015, at 10:00 a.m. at the Township Building, 1370 Bridgeton Hill Road, Upper Black Eddy, PA.
- Motion to Approve Appointment of Joyce E. Rosswaag to the position of Deputy Tax Collector for Bridgeton Township – Due to a recent change in the state law concerning local tax collectors,
which requires the appointment of a Deputy Tax Collector, Peter Rosswaag requested the Board to consider the appointment of his wife, Joyce E. Rosswaag as Deputy Tax Collector for Bridgeton Township. Upon motion by Supervisor Keller, seconded by Supervisor Lynch, which carried 2-0, the Board appointed Joyce E. Rosswaag to the position of Deputy Tax Collector for Bridgeton Township.
- Township Park – Supervisor Lynch requested the Board to consider ways to promote the use of the Township Park. Supervisor Keller stated that, a proposal was previously presented by Mark Bryan, of Mark Bryan Designs, for consideration of park upgrades. However, no action was pursued. The Supervisors agreed that the Board at future meetings should discuss consideration of park upgrades.
PUBLIC COMMENT: None
Being no further business, upon motion by Supervisor Lynch, seconded by Supervisor Keller, which carried 2-0, the meeting was adjourned at 8:21 p.m., with the next meeting scheduled to be held on January 5, 2015, immediately following the Re-Organization meeting which begins at 7:00 p.m. at the Township Building.