The Upper Black Eddy Fire Company is in need of volunteers to protect the community in all sorts of disaster scenarios. If you have time you can volunteer to this vital community service, in any capacity, please contact Chief James Serfass , or President Ron Fleming or call the station at 610-982-5710
The Upper Black Eddy Fire Company is hosting a fundraising Flea Market at the Station 47 firehouse, 1716 Firehouse Ln, Upper Black Eddy, PA, thi Saturday, June 18th, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tables available inside $15. Tables outside $10 (must provide own table) call 610 982 5405 to reserve tables! Come on out and support your local fire company!
- It was highlighted by a quick update on the status of the Boarhead Farms Superfund Site by Remedial Project Manager Chris Sklaney of the EPA, joined by the Community Involvement Coordinator Alex Mandell. An extensive question and answer session ensued with several residents with properties adjoining the site.
- Mr. Sklaney made clear that offsite contamination is not occurring as evidenced in the data collected by over 50 monitoring wells on the downstream perimeter of the site.
- There remains an ongoing groundwater extraction and treatment effort, which is the primary remediation system.
- Issues remain with indoor air contamination in the occupied dwelling on the farm site.
- Enhanced remediation is planned for the indoor contamination issue, as well as continued upgrades to the existing groundwater treatment scheme.
- There is a link on our homepage to the EPA website for the Boarhead Farms Project.
- The Board of Supervisors approved a reconfigured paving program for Woodland Drive, after extensive consultation with property owners along the road.
- The Supervisors also approved extending Worker’s Compensation to the Upper Black Eddy Fire Company Support Staff.
- Planning for an update to the township Comprehensive Plan was initiated.
- A letter was sent to the Bucks County Commissioners and Parks and Recreation asking them to address the parking situation at Ringing Rocks
- April 12, 2016 Minutes
The Upper Black Eddy Fire Company’s 9th Annual Carnival opens tonight at the Bridgeton AA, 1340 Bridgeton Hill Rd.
Running Sept. 2 – 6, from 6-11pm
Wednesday – Wristband night
Thursday- Wristband night
Saturday- Fireworks (Raindate Sunday)
DJ Broken Arrow